Have you reviewed and updated your resume lately? It’s easier to continuously maintain it rather than waiting until you apply for the next position.
We are challenging you to take a good look at your resume and evaluate it based on the following:
1. Have you included a brief three to five sentence branded professional summary?
2. Have you highlighted and quantified your accomplishments and achievements?
3. Have you targeted your qualifications and experience for the job you want?
4. Have you featured key words that describe your qualifications for the targeted position?
As you start to revamp your resume, here are some resources on the Career Services website to get you started:
• Archived Webinar: Crafting Effective Resumes http://careercenter.waldenu.edu/921.htm#Resumes_and_CVs
• Resume Building Tool: OptimalResume, An excellent resume building tool that offers resume samples and templates https://waldenu.optimalresume.com/
An effective resume captures the interest of the hiring manager and gets you an interview. It is your marketing document. It should reflect your professional brand and be crafted to clearly showcase your unique achievements, accomplishments, and qualifications for the targeted new position.
Written by Career Services Advisor Denise Pranke