Did you know that networking is not only the most effective way to find a job, but plays a key role in all aspects of managing your career?
Networking is an essential skill to develop in today’s competitive and dynamic labor market, so don’t wait until you need a job to grow and nurture your network.
Networking is the art of building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships. Effective networking takes time, dedication and a plan, and Walden Career Services offers numerous resources to help you to jumpstart your network.
- Review our 10 Networking Tips, your essential networking overview, which offers you key networking strategies and action steps to help you get going.
- Take it online by enhancing your brand and network through a strong LinkedIn Profile. Your LinkedIn profile should include:
1. A professional photo;
2. A tagline highlighting your unique brand. It should go beyond just your job title;
3. Create a branded summary that highlights your notable contributions and skill;
4. View these archived webinars for additional tips:
– Building Your Professional Brand
– Using LinkedIn To Build Your Professional Brand
- Build your network face-to-face by clicking on the link and following these suggestions.
Engage and share your knowledge by joining LinkedIn Groups. Start by joining our Walden University Career Services LinkedIn group with more than 1100 members. You may also consider joining groups in your career field to track trends. Visit www.linkedin.com to build a profile and search under “Groups” for Walden University Career Services.
Building a strong network involves a lot of time and effort, but you will soon find that the more you engage, the more your network will give back to you. It’s a very rewarding process! We hope you find these resources helpful and look forward to hearing about your networking career successes.
Written by Career Services Advisor Nicolle Skalski